The national golfing workforce to the 24th Summer season Deaflympics 2021 video games held in Caxias Do Sul Brazil arrived back again dwelling on Wednesday 18th May 2022. Isaac Ogolla Makokha built background by starting to be the to start with Kenyan to earn a medal in the activity at the quadrennial event. Makokha clinched bronze after beating German Guldan Niko.
Kenya Deaf Golf Federation President Daniel Ogembo lauded Makokha’s performance inspite of the cold climatic problems. “The weather has to be the best obstacle we have professional. We experienced two other athletes who preferred to provide glory property but Adan Wario sustained an injury and Gilbert Alikula completed 18th.
The golf staff was accompanied by Kenya Deaflympics Basic Workforce Supervisor Josephine Aska who thanked the federal government for thoroughly supporting countrywide groups.
“Team Kenya has performed extremely properly. We experienced teams in 5 disciplines when compared to past time in Turkey exactly where we had a few groups. We have excelled and attained what we promised the President.”
Kenya was represented in Football (women of all ages) Handball (gentlemen & females), Basketball (adult males & females), golf (adult males) and athletics (males) and was rated best in Africa and 11th over-all with a total of 24 medals 5 gold, 7 silver and 12 bronze.
The triumphant crew is arriving dwelling in batches with all medalists expected on Thursday morning (May 19, 2022) following which they will be hosted to a celebratory breakfast at Satisfaction Inn Azzure lodge in Westlands, Nairobi.
Group Kenya medalists
1.Men’s 3000m Steeplechase-Lucas Wandia Wanjiru.
2.Men’s 10000m-Symon Cherono Kibai.
3.Men’s 5000m-Symon Cherono Kibai.
4.Men’s 1500m- Ian Wambui Kahinga.
5.Men’s 800m- Elikana Kiprop Rono.
6. 4X400m Combined Relay (George Waweru Muthee, Linet Fwamba Nanjala, Beryl Atieno Wamira and Isaac Atima Tongi).
7. Men’s 10000m- Peter Toroitich.
8. Women’s 10000m-Serah Wangari Kimani.
9. Women’s 1500m- Sharon Jeptarus Bitok.
10.Men’s 5000m- Ian Wambui Kahinga
11.Women’s 800- Sharon Jeptarus Bitok.
12. Girls 4x400m Relay (Beryl Atieno Wamira, Linet Fwamba Nanjala, Pamela Atieno Atieno, Sharon Bitok Jeptarus)
13.Men’s 10000m- David Kipkogei.
14. Women’s 10000m- Grancy Kandagor.
15. Men’s Javelin- Kelvin Kipkogei.
16. Women’s 400m – Linet Fwamba Nanjala
17. Men’s Golf- Isaac Ogolla Makokha.
18. Men’s 3000m Steeplechase- Peter Omari Kokobi.
19. Women’s 3000m Steeplechase- Ann Njoki Wangeci
20.Women’s 200m- Beryl Atieno Wamira.
21.Women’s 4x100m Relay (Beryl Atieno Wamira,Rael Achieng Wamira, Anzazi Chaka Nyundo and Linet Fwamba Nanjala).
22.Women’s 800m -Rebecca Matiko.
23. Women’s 5000m -Grancy Kendagor.
24.Men’s 4x400m Relay (Simon Menza Gona, Charles Muthama Mwema, George Waweru Muthee, Isaac Atima Tong’i)
Total Sights: 485 ,