USC and Lincoln Riley continue on to make the Trojans’ roster as a result of the college football transfer portal, with former Arizona State linebacker Eric Gentry the most up-to-date to join the software.
Gentry was a consensus major 20 player in the transfer portal prior to his dedication to USC, choosing the Trojans above Miami, Georgia, Texas, Penn Point out, and many others.
Gentry performed in 12 of 13 games as a true freshman, ending the year with 45 mixed tackles, five tackles for reduction, a sack, one particular quarterback hurry, and two pass breakups.
The exterior linebacker is the 3rd roster addition for USC considering that the conclusion of spring soccer, signing up for former 2023 running back again A’Marion Peterson and former Ohio Condition transfer defensive back again Bryson Shaw.
Gentry figures to phase in right absent as an edge speeding existence together with former Alabama transfer linebacker Shane Lee. Returning starter Ralen Goforth and redshirt freshman Raesjon Davis are probable to element at the weak side situation, as nicely.
Gentry, originally from the Philadelphia location, was a top 50 edge rusher as a recruit, and his addition propelled USC back to the No. 1 place in most school football transfer rankings this offseason.
USC football transfer portal additions
- Eric Gentry, linebacker (Arizona State)
- Bryson Shaw, safety (Ohio State)
- Travis Dye, functioning back again (Oregon)
- Romello Height, linebacker (Auburn)
- Shane Lee, linebacker (Alabama)
- Austin Jones, operating back again (Stanford)
- Latrell McCutchin, cornerback (Oklahoma)
- Mekhi Blackmon, cornerback (Colorado)
- Mario Williams, large receiver (Oklahoma)
- Caleb Williams, quarterback (Oklahoma)
- Brenden Rice, extensive receiver (Colorado)
- Terrell Bynum, large receiver (Washington)
More from College or university Football HQ
USC soccer routine for 2022 period
2022 Pac-12 preseason soccer energy rankings
USC football agenda: Rating the Trojans’ 2022 opponents